Cached Data: When you are using your phone and computer, the cache memory always remains active in the background and it automatically saves some information by default. Sometimes the cache memory can slow down the entire system or create certain functional problems, so it is important that you clear the cache memory time to time to keep your phone function uninterruptedly.
In this article we will be describing the methods of deleting the cache memory from your Android, pc or iPhone. Also, we will tell you what is the right time to worry about the cache memory.
What is Cached Data?
Cache memory is basically a shorter and faster memory that works along with the main memory system. It stores and remember some functional details and uses that memory while operating the same function again. The CPU will automatically use the cache memory instead of the main memory. This cache memory is also called CPU memory. The main purpose of the cache memory is to quicken the whole process. But Sometimes it works contrarily and slow down the device. It continues to store memories and eventually grows bigger and create certain problems. And that is why you need to take care of the cache memory.
When Should Clear the Cache Data?
It is important to clear the cache memory sometimes as it will help to run your system smoothly. Here are the reasons –
- The cache memory continues to expand as long as you use the web browser. It takes up a lot of space in your phone and gradually that will slow down your device.
- By deleting the cache data will make your computer or phone perform well.
- Sometimes clearing the cache data can fix some troubleshoot problems.
- The stored data in the cache memory sometimes obstruct the browser from working properly. The websites do not load, updated contents do not show, etc.
How to Clear Cached Data?
So, you need to clear the cache data occasionally to make your system run faster and clear the unnecessary memory. The process of this clearing is different in Windows, Android and Mac.
How to Clear Cache Memory in Windows?
Cache data are stored in some temporary files in your computer. You can easily remove it and reclaim the space. Here is the method you can follow-
- Click on the start button on your computer.
- Type ‘Disk Cleanup’ in the search bar. Click on ‘Disk Cleanup.
- You have to choose the disk cleanup for Drive “C”.
- A dialogue box will open where you will see several options like OneDrive files, Recycle bin and more. You have to check the box beside the ‘Temporary files. But you can also delete the other files if you want.
- Then click ‘Ok’. And the unnecessary cache data will be deleted.
How to Clear the Browse Cache in Windows?
The Web browser also creates cache data which you can clear –
- Open the Google Chrome in your computer.
- At the top right corner click on the 3dots.
- Click on the ‘More Tools’ and then on ‘Clear Browsing Data’.
- You can select the time, from when you want to clear all data. Choose the ‘all time’ option to clear everything.
- Check the boxes beside ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’.
- Finally, click on ‘Clear Data’.
How to Clear Cache Data in iPhone?
If you are an iPhone user the process will be a little different for you –
- Open the Settings on your phone.
- Find out the ‘Safari’ and open it. The cache memory in your iPhone are mainly from its web browser, safari.
- Swipe down and click on ‘Clear History and Website Data’. Confirm.
How to Clear Cache Data in Android?
The android users are also supposed to delete the cache memory from their phone to keep the system running well. It will solve many issues. The method is as follows –
- Go to the ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Storage’.
- Then go to the ‘Internal Storage’.
- Tap on ‘Cached data’
- You have to confirm by clicking on ‘ok’.
What Happens When You Clear the Browser Cache?
The process of clearing the browser cache is same in all devices. It helps the web to work faster. But initially some problems may appear. Maybe you have to sign up once again. Initially some websites can be slow.
How Often You Should Clear Cache?
The cache memory does not need to be cleared up very frequently. But if you are using the web browser almost regularly, you should clear the cache more often than others. Otherwise, you may clear it one time or two times a month.
Is It Good to Clear Cache Memory?
It is always a better option to remove the cache data from your device but not daily. Occasional removal of Cache memory will help the apps and browsers and overall, the system to work smoothly.
Will Clearing Cache Delete My Photos or Other Files from Phone Memory?
Cache memory is more like a repetition data. Clearing it does not in any way affect the main memory.
We hope this article has given you a clear idea about cache memory. Now you know when to delete it and how to delete the cache memory. Follow the steps given in the article and the cache memory won’t create a problem anymore in your device.